Sunday, August 5, 2007

Becoming.

My first week of living in a new city is coming to a close, and I'm happy to admit that my mind still gets blown on a daily basis. This place is so different from everything I've ever known. I mean, I'm used to jumping into far-away places and getting used to strange street names and foreign faces - but this time it's so different. This time it's not about watching and interacting with a new culture. Now it's about understanding them and (hopefully) becoming one of them. Emulating. Assimilating. Becoming.

1 Comments:

At August 8, 2007 at 4:24 AM , Blogger blitter said...

I was trying to remember where I last saw the word "becoming" used in a similar way and context. I remembered. It was in the book "The Silence of the Lambs". A character was using it to describe the feeling of metamorphosis they were experiencing. Hint: It wasn't Clarice. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home