Sunday, August 5, 2007

Hella.

Hella. This word comes out of my mouth so easily and effortlessly whenever I feel the need to describe a large quantity of things. Yet, as natural as it sounds to my west-coast ears, it does not sit right in conversations here on the east coast. In fact, this word is guaranteed to disrupt conversations, turn heads, and make everyone around you question where you're from. For the most part, I've been good at avoiding this word as much as possible. Unfortunately, I found out that alcohol does to me and my control over this word as what kryptonite does to superman and his superpowers.

So I was out at the bar with hella (oops) coworkers, making friends and telling stories. You know how I do. When all of a sudden, this word starts flying out of my mouth more often than Jon Losey spelling supercalifragilisticexpialidocious when he's drunk. Damn you Newcastle! Damn you for creating awkward situations where everyone stops talking and asks where I'm from!

And on a side note, I started drinking Newcastle to remind myself of all the great friends I have back home.

1 Comments:

At August 5, 2007 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Liberate Tutame Ex Inferis said...

I'll kill you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home